[Tagging] British term for municipal greenery?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Thu May 31 19:20:25 UTC 2018

What would be a fitting term for municipal greenery? What I mean is areas
ranging from a few square meters to say a 200 m^2, maybe more, shapes
varying but certainly planned, with public maintenance, most of the time as
decorative separator strips shielding objects from sight or passage, or
just to fill up the land. We call that collectively "gemeentegroen" that is
"municipal greenery", because the municipality owns the land and and has
the flora maintained by the "greenery  service".

Growth varies from just grass (as separator, not as park), large flower
beds which are renewed every year, bushes, low trees which no-one would
dare to call a forest, and mixtures. Thy might be bushes one year, grass
with flowers next year, and cactus-fields next year because the mayor has
visited Mexico.

Vr gr Peter Elderson
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20180531/29a4380c/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list