[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 08:12:24 UTC 2018

On 01/11/18 17:20, Johnparis wrote:
> I haven't seen anyone (recently) who supports your original proposal
> of keeping amenity=embassy and adding amenity=consulate. So I believe
> your first summary is inaccurate.
>
> Instead what I have seen is suggesting that amenity=diplomatic is
> possibly a better fit than office=diplomatic.
>
> So I would suggest dropping the first alternative entirely and
> modifying the second to read:
>
> * shift to amenity=diplomatic

+1
> or office=diplomatic (which one to use has yet to be decided) and use
> the existing diplomatic=* additional (secondary) tag to specify
> whether embassy, consulate, or other, then use embassy, consulate, and
> other (or some other euphemism as yet undetermined) as additional
> (tertiary) tags to specify further the type of diplomatic or
> non-diplomatic mission as needed.

The problem I have with office=* is that it is not meant to outline the
premisses (parking, entry road - right out to the external fence). Some
have been mapped to there extents, others are single nodes.

The advantage is that it is a simple 1:1 change that removes eh problem
value of 'embassy' and replaces it with 'diplomatic'.

A problem will be the lack of rendering for some time.