[Tagging] How to tag named group of named water areas?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Nov 3 10:30:13 UTC 2018

3. Nov 2018 00:00 by daveswarthout at gmail.com <mailto:daveswarthout at gmail.com>:

> To make matters worse, let's just say you misspelled the Wikipedia tag value. You meant to write "wikipedia=en:Trans-Alaska Pipeline System" but forgot to include the "en:" prefix. Back you go to your editor, editing all 280 pieces again. That's why I say tagging it this way is a maintenance nightmare.

(1) First method: download area with relation in JOSM, download all relations members,

use "select members" in relation listing menu.

--

(2) It can be also relatively easily done with help of overpass turbo.

Search with overpass turbo wizard

wikipedia="en:Trans-Alaska Pipeline System" global

results are in https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/DkY <https://overpass-turbo.eu/s/DkY>One may use "Export" button to send this data to your editor.
 Both methods are not very easy but are necessary very rarely and it allows to avoid
problematic "half of tags is here, half in this relation" that is highly problematic for mappers.