[Tagging] tagging for an office of the local representative to parliament

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 00:08:57 UTC 2018

On Sun, 4 Nov 2018 at 07:05, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's going to take some careful thought, and many postings here, to come
> up with a scheme
> with sensible terminology that works for all those situations.
> To me these are all 'politicians' or at least serve a political role when
> acting (I hope) on our behalf to represent 'us'.
> Don't think every situation would be happy with 'parliamentarians'.
> I am not going to try and distinguish between the various levels - upper
> and lower houses, federal, state, local, unions etc...
> That could go in the description, far too many variables around the world
> for a single system I think.
> Lets get the first level of tagging done before contemplating a more
> complex area?

No, I agree with you!

I would think either of the 2 basic we mentioned should fit
office=government or office=politician

Question though (more for someone in Europe) - is a "Member of the European
Parliament" elected, or just appointed by their home country? Are they a
"politician" as such?

Is there another overall term for elected people? (& yes, I can think of
quite a few terms for them, but I don't think we should be marking any of
them on the map! :-))


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20181104/39a99e9f/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list