[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - emergency=fire_alarm_box

Stefano Maffulli smaffulli at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 22:45:49 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think you have to make it clear if it should be limited to public alarms
> on the street, or any alarm box could get the tag including those in
> buildings, and if it is the former the tag should get a different name,
> while the tag name is fine if it is intended for any fire alarm box.

I should have been more precise... What I mean is that we should keep the
scope of my initial proposal, that is to limit the tag to alarm boxes
placed on the street (like the wikipedia page defines them
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_alarm_call_box). The term is fairly well
defined in English, there are pictures clarifying what this is supposed to
look like and there are examples on OSM already.