[Tagging] visa offices tags

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 01:37:10 UTC 2018

On 07/11/18 12:20, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 09:59, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com
>

>     and where applicable
>
>     visa:country=* from country=*
>

> Just to clarify the country tags thanks Warin?
>
> Maybe a bad example but you're travelling from Australia to UK so it
> would be visa:country=UK from country=Australia, or vice versa?

The country where the visa is obtained can be determined by what country
it is in. Specifying this is redundant information.
The country where the visa applies cannot be found within OSM except by
tagging it.

So I would tag the country/ies where the visa/s applies.

For the above example visa:country=GB  (not UK :) )

For country codes see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2

My wording could have been better...

visa:country=* (derived from the tag country=* where it exists)