[Tagging] tagging for an office of the local representative to parliament

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 02:22:27 UTC 2018

On 07/11/18 12:28, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2018 at 10:13, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com 
> <mailto:61sundowner at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     As the subject title says " tagging for an office of the local
>     representative to parliament"?
>      Note different places may use different words to describe their
>     'parliament' and/or 'local representative'
> Maybe change the title a little bit: "office of an elected official"?
>     government=constituency_office
>     or
>     government=politicians_office
>     ???
> To be honest, I'm not overly excited by either of them, but maybe the 
> same thing could work?
> government=elected_official

I don't think all of them are elected ... House of Lords GB springs to 
mind. Possibly they don't have offices anyway :)

Elected official look to refer to the person, rather then a place to go 
to contact them.

I'm not that happy with either of them .. but have not though of 
something better.
Politician for me is slightly in front of constituency as it is in more 
common use so might be better understood/translated in other languages.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/attachments/20181107/0462380b/attachment.html>

More information about the Tagging mailing list