[Tagging] Public Transport Timetables

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 23:20:46 UTC 2018

On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 08:02, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If I understand it correctly (quite possibly not) your examples are not
> GTFS feeds but timetables
> derived from them.

Ugh, now you're asking questions that are way, way beyond me! Any thoughts,
anyone (& does it make any difference?)

Simple way may just be multiple timetable tags -
>> "timetable:red_busline=URL*" "timetable:blue_busline=URL*"
>>

> That was a suggestion I made earlier in the thread, but nobody responded
> either way.

Sorry, didn't notice it then. (or wasn't thinking about it?)

Only problem with that is do we insist on the operator name even when
> there's only one operator?  Probably best
> if we do.

Do we need to? I guess it may depend on the individual bus stop - if
there's only one timetable, then just timetable=, if there's multiples then
timetable:translink=* + timetable:skybus=* +timetable:greyhound=*, each as
a separate tag going to a different URL. *Much* simpler than relations or
whatever, & I like simple! :-)

Of course, then there's the problem of ensuring mappers use a consistent
> name for an operator

Probably get's down to local knowledge? I know that everything here is
covered by the Translink network, even though there are multiple companies
running buses on that network, with SkyBus running between the airport &
the major hotels. You know that you have Green Buses & Red Buses (or
perhaps Bysiau Coch? :-)) in your area. Leave the naming to the mapper, as
all we're really interested in is the correct URL for that stop.

Thanks

Graeme