[Tagging] New rag to draw node name with rotate angle

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 15:07:00 UTC 2018

On Sat, Nov 10, 2018 at 2:47 PM Greg Troxel <gdt at lexort.com> wrote:

In the case of tag saying what angle to draw something, that's a
> specific drawing instruction, and I don't think it belongs.

Not on labels.  On (some) objects such as benches and tourist maps we
already have tags to
represent the direction they face.  Those directional tags currently have
no effect on the standard
carto but could do so in the future (particularly if we move to vector
tiles).  Those direction tags
describe reality on the ground in greater detail and may or not be
reflected by the renderer.  Labels
are not reality on the ground but a cosmetic feature which should be up to
the renderer, not the
tagger.  The fix to labels, if one is necessary, should be implemented in
the renderer, not by tagging.

--
Paul