[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)-->(office=diplomatic)

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Sun Nov 11 11:56:03 UTC 2018

Hello Allan,

sorry, I'm a late comer to the discussion, so there might be something I've/am missed/missing, but...

From your description I understand that "embassy=*", "consulate=*" and "liaison=*" will be new first level keys: wouldn't it be better to make them secondary level keys under the "diplomatic" /namespace/, exactly as you are proposing for "services" (/and maybe also add "services"" as a possible value for "diplomatic=*"/) ?

We should then have:

  * diplomatic:embassy <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:embassy&action=edit&redlink=1>=* with key values of [yes, high_commission, nunciature, interests_section, mission, delegation, branch_embassy, residence]
  * diplomatic:consulate <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:consulate&action=edit&redlink=1>=* with key values of {yes, consulate_general, consular_agency, consular_office, honorary_consul]
  * diplomatic:liaison <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Key:liaison&action=edit&redlink=1>=* with key values of [liaison_office, representative_office, subnational];

Cheers,

Sergio