[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)-->(office=diplomatic)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 20:51:36 UTC 2018

On Sun, 11 Nov 2018 at 21:42, Allan Mustard <allan at mustard.net> wrote:

>    - target <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:target>=* where * is
>    the two-character ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 code
>    <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-2> for the receiving
>    (accrediting) country or organization or the generally accepted English
>    acronym for an international organization (e.g., UN, OSCE, NATO, WTO). If a
>    mission is accredited to multiple countries or organizations, * will
>    constitute a semicolon-delimited list of tags, e.g., target
>    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:target>=US;CA
>    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:target%3DUS;CA&action=edit&redlink=1>
>     for a mission accredited to both the United States and Canada.
>
> Thanks - once again sums things up beautifully - you must be good at this
sort of stuff! :-)

Just for the sake of asking a theoretical question that I know would
probably never appear in real life :-)

Would / could you also use the multi-letter codes as you show eg NATO, WTO,
SEATO?

& a mixture of them, so the British Ambassador to Belgium, who is also the
delegate / representative to NATO (if there is such a thing?), would be
country=GB
target=BE;NATO

Thanks

Graeme