[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)-->(office=diplomatic)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 09:36:03 UTC 2018

On 12/11/18 18:31, Colin Smale wrote:

> On 2018-11-11 21:51, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>> Just for the sake of asking a theoretical question that I know would
>> probably never appear in real life :-)
>> Would / could you also use the multi-letter codes as you show eg
>> NATO, WTO, SEATO?
>> & a mixture of them, so the British Ambassador to Belgium, who is
>> also the delegate / representative to NATO (if there is such a
>> thing?), would be
>> country=GB
>> target=BE;NATO
> It's possible I guess to have the inverse of that as well, where the
> embassy of e.g. France also houses the ambassador of e.g. Monaco, both
> being accredited to the same receiving nation? (contrived example)
> If a mission "represents" multiple countries, and the services offered
> are different, how could that be tagged? Something like the full
> Embassy of A also housing consular services for B.
> Possibly two OSM objects, one for the embassy of A and a separate node
> for the services on behalf of B?
I do know that in the past one diplomatic establishment will act for
another where the other has no representatives in that country. E.g
Commonwealth countries would usually try to help one another out. And I
think Russia also substitutes for some other adjacent countries. The
services offered varied depending of the countries and place. I'd not
tag it.