[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (consulate)-->(office=diplomatic)

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 11:54:00 UTC 2018

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 2:37 AM Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> That way each vote is on one issue only not the lot bundled together.

And then some people will vote against the initial proposal because it does
not adequately
address known issues and is therefore incomplete.  They would fear that as
soon as it is
approved people will start using it and resort to ad-hockery to fill in the
gaps, resulting in a
mish-mash of inconsistent tagging before the next step is approved.
Remember that this
proposal went forward because people want it and they want it now.  They
WILL fill any
gaps with ad-hoc tagging as soon as it is approved.

I'd prefer a fully-formed proposal which addresses all conceivable future
complications.  As this
one has.  I agree that a complex proposal might contain some good stuff and
some bad stuff,
but this one has been very well-thought out by an expert in the field and
then subject to all the
nit-picking this list can throw at it.

I'd vote for it because it is a thing of craftsmanship and beauty.  Well,
maybe not for that
reason exactly, but because I cannot conceive of anything better or see any
serious flaws
in it.

--
Paul