[Tagging] Proposed features - RFC - Pipe valves

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 00:11:19 UTC 2018

On 15/11/18 10:39, François Lacombe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The proposal about valves I was working on has reached the RFC status
> tonight
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Pipeline_valves_proposal
>
> Goal is to describe with better destails how pipeline=valve objects
> are built and work. We can add visible information about actuators and
> sensors as needed.
>
> Examples are a bit limited right now, I'm waiting to take pictures of
> more domestic devices.
> Feel free to add if you have some ideas.
> Obviously, I think about it for hydrants and emergency inlets.
>
> Since only pipeline=valve is concerned so far, the document won't be
> applicable for canals sluice gates but most of used keys may be used
> in those situations
> Don't know if sluice gates can be properly called valves despite gate
> valves are defined in norms.
>
> Looking forward to your comments

I had no idea what a 'globe valve' was .. wikipedia has it  ... what I
had called 'jumper valves' as that is the bit I have replaced many times.

Probably best to have a picture to describe them .. you can use the
wikipedia pictures such as

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Globe_valve_diagram.svg/220px-Globe_valve_diagram.svg.png

Not something I map, so no expertise for these.