[Tagging] Using multipolygons to map bays in Alaska

Christoph Hormann osm at imagico.de
Sat Nov 17 19:19:54 UTC 2018

On Saturday 17 November 2018, Kevin Kenny wrote:

> This request also has nothing to do with relations that are large
> enough to break the tools. I'm confining my request here to features
> that are relatively small in extent - perhaps up to a few tens of km
> on a side.

Maybe with all disagreement we have a possible partial conclusion here
where most of us can agree on:  That bays and straits above a certain
size - be that a few tens of km or even 100-200km - should not be
mapped with a polygon.  As Frederik explained there are very good
arguments for that even without taking into account the verifiability
question.

--
Christoph Hormann
http://www.imagico.de/