[Tagging] antenna type

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:35:32 UTC 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_transceiver_station is confusing the BTS
and the place itself.
A BTS as a device that doesn't include antennas since antennas are
connected to it actually.

Like any antenna (even the microwave backhaul link antenna), a BTS is a
device in the technical site.
Pretty often, there are several BTS in a single site and several antennas
can be fed by a single BTS.

It's almost impossible to map all this stuff in a single node.
The place should be a closed area.
Each BTS, masts, antennas should get their own node inside the closed area.

Coaxial cable schemes may be complex between active equipments
(BTS/nodeB/eNodeB or RRU) and antennas, I'm not sure we'll be able to map
this in OSM with a dedicated topology.
Surveying for fenced perimeters, masts, BTS and antennas would be a really
great achivement to begin with.

All the best

François