[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Mapping disputed boundaries

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 08:07:23 UTC 2018

I'm trying to understand how the current situation in Crimea has to be
mapped with your proposal.
The Ukranian community wants the old border (before the Russian
invasion) to be the de-facto border.
I assume that the Russian community wants the border elsewhere, so
Crimea becomes Russian territory. Since Crimea is occupied/controlled
by the Russians, one could expect that some mappers will place the
de-facto border so that Crimea falls in Russia.

Can you elaborate how we would map the situation to the satisfaction
of both groups ?