[Tagging] My proposal for disputed country borders

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:01:06 UTC 2018

This proposal has several problems:
1) Too many new relations, up to 180 per border or whatever the number of
independent states has reached.

2) OSM is for “real, current” data
- Claimed borders are not real.
- Many old claims have never been officially surrendered

3) “Don’t map your local legislation”
- legislation in country X has no jurisdiction in country Y

These last two points are in the good mapping practice wiki page and 2) is
on the main page for new mappers