[Tagging] antenna use key to replace some of the antenna type

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Thu Nov 29 03:40:31 UTC 2018

Hello, Warin,

a couple of quick, non-exhaustive, notes on antenna use (or is it /usage/?) even if I'm still doubtful we should map with such detail:

  * amateur_radio: antenna systems used by *licensed *radio amateurs
  * transponder: I think they are mostly used on *mobile *systems (/unmappable.../). Is there any fixed transponder? What used for? Probably just very few fixed AIS station. Make it specific, use=AIS (as wifi is specific compared to the generic "digital communication")
  * radar: definition is "RAdio Detection And Ranging"
  * radio: make it specific, broadcast_radio
  * gps: hardly noticeable. They normally are the size of small cup or a table dish at most...

missing use:

  * navaid: VOR, LORAN (/I//think there are still some LORAN antenna around, probably disused, but conspicuous/), etc.
  * trunked_radio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trunked_radio_system)
  * WiMax (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WiMAX)

missing key:

  * band=ELF|SLF|VLF|LF|MF|HF|UHF|SHF|EHF|THF ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_spectrum)

please don't:

  * frequency=* as: A) we probably don't know what they are. B) there are probably many used.  C) Even if we know it is better not to tell.

please note:

  * Advise that in many countries you could probably get some serious jail for tagging this stuff.

Cheers!

Sergio