[Tagging] Neighborhood Gateway Signs?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:21:06 UTC 2018

On 01/12/18 10:12, Kevin Kenny wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 5:59 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick
> <graemefitz1 at gmail.com <mailto:graemefitz1 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         That sort of works, but do we need something to say it's a big
>         rock, or cement column?
>
> The 'description' tag, perhaps? Things eventually get to the point
> where even the obsessive classifiers on this list might as well admit
> that even if they do introduce a taxonomy, it is likely that no data
> consumer will use it.

Agreed!

Unfortunately mappers tend to add more and more detail possibly having
run out of usefullĀ  things to map in 'their' area.
Rather than have them abuse tags into a mess some of us try to present
methods that might help keep some methodical tagging so someone might be
able to actually make use of the information.