[Tagging] landuse for government offices ?

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 23:02:40 UTC 2018

Civic_admin is a little too specific, but government is not specific
enough. 90% of the land in some western American States will be owned and
managed by some level of government; eg National and State forests and
grasslands, parks and monuments, military reservations, wildlife preserves,
BLM land (used for rangeland and even mining), as well as land used for
administrative buildings.

I suspect military landuse in cities would be at highest risk for confusion
if the tag is landuse=government.

I’m perfectly happy with Civic_Admin, because national and provincial
government functions are also “Civic” in the sense of “for citizens / the
people”, if not in the “civic equals city” sense.

But public_admin would be fine too. I don’t think this would cause any
confusion.

Joseph