[Tagging] motorcar definition changed recently

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 19:30:21 UTC 2018

On Wed, 3 Oct 2018 at 11:33, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have tried to fix the picture and found, that there are now 2 distinct traffic signs, one is for all 2-tracked motor vehicles, including cars:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_Germany#/media/File:Zeichen_251_-_Verbot_für_Kraftwagen_und_sonstige_mehrspurige_Kraftfahrzeuge,_StVO_1992.svg
>
> The other is explicitly for motorcars (those for the transport of up to 8 people, including the driver):
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_Germany#/media/File:Zeichen_257-55_-_Verbot_f%C3%BCr_Personenkraftwagen,_StVO_2017.svg

🤦

Is anyone aware of other countries where these two traffic signs with
their different meanings are in use?

> How are we going to distinguish these?

We probably cannot avoid defining two new keys, for example car=* and
double_tracked_motor_vehicle=*, and discouraging motorcar=* because of
its ambiguity ¬(motorcar=yes) ≠ (motorcar=no). Then, motorcar=yes can
be converted to car=yes and motorcar=no to
double_tracked_motor_vehicle=no.

In the meantime, i advise everyone to tag 'no entry for any power
driven vehicle except two-wheeled motor cycles without side-car' signs
unambiguously motor_vehicle=no + motorcycle=yes (+ moped=yes/mofa=yes
if not counted as motorcycle).

Regards
Markus