[Tagging] motorcar definition changed recently

Allroads allroadsworld at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:58:58 UTC 2018

It is time to give this twofold meaning a split, into two separate keys.
Within openstreetmap it can not have a twofold meaning!

The law in many countries also speaks of double tracked or more then two
wheels.

It is clear to me the new key must be double_tracked_motor_vehicle or short,
dt_motor_vehicle, or else, give it a better name.
Allready, fitted in the access hierarchy. With a OSM icon (front car)
As explained here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Key:motorcar
All description and structure already indicate that a split has to be done!

(includes all double-tracked motorised vehicles when used as restriction)
this must be removed.
It is unworkable. It is a monster. motorcar=no, meaning else.
So many key conditions have to be investigated to find out what is meant by
motorcar. if and or.......is.

I am working on a JOSM  test style to express the access on highway and
barriers in the road.
For control/check reasons, better to see a icon then watch the written key,
get the hint, that's why we make maps, make it more understandable.
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~allroads/JOSM/Styles/Road_extended_JOSM_style_info.html

A key must have one meaning.  If not, it is almost impossible to express the
access for one type of vehicle. Where can I ride or drive, where not, where
conditional. Why could I not router there.
Test site:
http://mijndev.openstreetmap.nl/~allroads/mtmworld/?map=agriculturalways&zoom=14&lat=49.79228&lon=6.77223&layers=B00000FFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTF
Also working on a preset. Translating law to tags.
There must be one more hierarchy step, in the lineup to motorcar.
We make it hard for ourselves to deal with this developmental error,
motorcar two meaning.
Despite, what people give as a meaning to motorcar, Openstreetmap have to
choose, one meaning, give the others a other key.

Working on this style/site, translating traffic law to keys/value, more keys
are needed.
single_tracked_vehicle,
non motorized vehicles, what keyname, see disabled vehicles. Small groups,
maybe they have more benefits than others.
A better hierarchy structure is needed.

So the definition have to be changed once again.

Regards
Allroads