[Tagging] Ignore roundabout flare in counting

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 11:42:29 UTC 2018

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 17:34, Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de> wrote:

> Ignore flares if not used in counting.
>
> The roundabout i have in mind has 4 normal exits and one "exit" which is
> basically i private driveway. Its that small that noone not known to the
> location would notice it.
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/51.90770/8.26519

I'd expect my routing engine to announce this as turn left, continue
straight, turn right at the roundabout with the name of the road to take
off the roundabout, that would make the exit number irrelevant as it isn't
used. Maybe something best addressed in the routing engine rather than in
the OSM data?