[Tagging] Ignore roundabout flare in counting

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Sat Oct 6 16:27:35 UTC 2018

Calling the driveway a 'flare' is a bit confusing, in my understanding a roundabout flare is the
typical widening with two oneway segments around a small island. Such flares should be counted.

I encountered a similar situation as you describe, where some private gravel parking area in front
of a house was connected to a roundabout, and OsmAnd counted it. Tagged highway=service without
qualifier.

I agree with those that tagging highway=service + service=driveway should cause the router not to
count it as exit. If the router does still count it, I'd recommend to open an issue there.

tom