[Tagging] Greengrocer vs grocery vs shop=food?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 21:00:53 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 8. Oct 2018, at 20:17, bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How do you like this one?
> shop=deli + cuisine=pierogi

+1 to a dedicated tag, e.g. deli=pierogi
Maybe you’d want to distinguish deli from ordinary pierogi though.
What about shop=food food=pierogi for the „usual“ pierogi shop?

I think it could eventually make sense to have a more generic shop=food tag for special food shops, which can then get the subtags that are needed for the local context. I just don’t think it should be used for generic food shops, as there is already a wide variety of tags in use that better describe the shop (convenience, supermarket, greengrocer, etc.). Maybe it should get a different name, because „food“ will be interpreted in all kinds of ways, including cooked meals.