[Tagging] Game and toy library

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 06:58:54 UTC 2018

On 10/10/18 09:47, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 08:04, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com
> <mailto:pla16021 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 10:24 PM ChameleonScales
>     <chameleonscales at protonmail.com
>     <mailto:chameleonscales at protonmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         amenity:library=game_and_toy
>

>     When I added one of these, five months ago, the most popular way
>     of doing it was
>     amenity=toy_library, so that's what I went with.
>

> I was wondering the same question about mapping Family History
> libraries ie somewhere you go to study Family History, which has
> reference files etc
>
> I was thinking:
> amenity=library
> "something" :-)=family_history
>
> type / library / resource ???

Family history (or genealogy) is not only researched in libraries, but
also government record offices, national archives, newspaper records,
cemetery records, wills, probate, city directories, trade directories etc.

I'm not certain how to go about tagging the availability of genealogy
material.
genealogy=yes/vital_records/newspapers/religious_records/* ???

As a non physical tag it would have to be attached to something..
library, office etc.