[Tagging] Game and toy library

ChameleonScales chameleonscales at protonmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:12:26 UTC 2018

Thanks for your response. I have 2 problems with this:
1: Although the OSM wiki [acknowledged](https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=library) the broadness of the word "library" according to Wikipedia, it still focused [the tag value](https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Map_Features#Education) on books only ("A public library to borrow books from"). If this term was effectively used in a more generic way, we could have secondary values for each type of library (books, documents, musics, movies, games, etc...). This would make more sense to me.
2: Having been a toy & game librarian, I can say that these establishments are already suffering the misconception that they are only there for children, so reducing their name to "toy libraries" would hardly make it better. If we used french language there would be nothing to argue about but since the "smart language" people decided that game mostly means video-game in the 21st century, I have no better idea than using "toys_and_games" to keep it clear enough. Do you see it differently?