[Tagging] Game and toy library

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:12:47 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 10. Oct 2018, at 20:01, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The rendering tools
> can be changed to accommodate this but, as I understand it, such changes may greatly
> increase the processing time to render map tiles whether or not they contain a library.

not true. It makes evaluation more complex though. You would have to be aware that not all amenity=library are libraries for books, and if you aren’t you will interpret some of them incorrectly as places where you can borrow books.

If you stand on the position that a toys library is a kind of library, subtagging is the way to go, if you think it is different to a library and has just the library in the name, you make a new main tag.

I am tending to the second, but we’ll probably also have to introduce a property because some normal libraries will have also a games department.

Cheers,
Martin