[Tagging] Game and toy library

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:18:56 UTC 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 7:10 PM bkil <bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com> wrote:

> We could decompose the functions of a library as a repository and
> rental/lending for books and other media, usually operating on a
> monthly subscription model, sometimes sponsored by local authorities.

That would be a sensible way to do it.   But we can't do an automated
replacement as it's
not a one-to-one mapping: most amenity=library will be lending libraries
but some will be
reference libraries.  The current scheme doesn't make a distinction so is
incomplete information.
Doing an automated change would lead to the small number of reference
libraries being incorrectly
tagged as lending libraries, or the large number of lending libraries not
being marked as such.

If we were to start again and incorporate all we've learned, the tagging
scheme would look very
different.  That isn't a realistic prospect, though.  We could try running
the two schemes in
parallel and deprecate the old one, but old tags never die and rarely fade
away.

--
Paul