[Tagging] Cafe / Coffee shop tags?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 08:56:21 UTC 2018

Am Do., 11. Okt. 2018 um 10:19 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:

> There was a question on the Help pages about the right tags for certain
> cafe features, found also in shops that sell or roast coffee:
> https://help.openstreetmap.org/questions/66279/what-coffee-shop-data-to-add-to-osm
> ?
>
> 1. Tag for a cafe that sells espresso-based drinks:
> I suggested taht "drink:espresso=yes" should work; it fits with the
> pattern on this page: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:drink

in Europe it will be hard to find a cafe that doesn't offer espresso based
drinks, but feel free to add it if you see the need.

> 2. Tag for a place that sells brewed coffee (eg aeropress, pour-over,
> drip, etc)
>
> I think this may need a new tag, but it's a good idea. I might use
> "drink:brewed_coffee=yes" or "drink:pourover_coffee=yes".
>
> Any other ideas?

I'd prefer brewed from these 2

> 3. Tag for a coffee shop that roasts it own coffee (and sells wholebean
> coffee)
>
> This is similar to a microbrewery. A big coffee roaster than focused on
> this could be craft=roaster. But more often a cafe (or shop=coffee) might
> also roast small batches of coffee for retail sale (and perhaps local
> wholesale to cafes).
>
> Should this be similar to microbrewery=yes with a tag like
> coffee_roaster=yes ?

there's microroasting=yes (2 times, now 3), e.g.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/35528080

Cheers,
Martin