[Tagging] highway=crossing used on ways

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:43:05 UTC 2018

On 12.10.2018 09:25, Gerd Petermann wrote:
>> In November 2015 I fix nearly all such ways, since then the number increased again to 488.

the best is to first try to understand where it comes from: look for
recent cases, check the editor tag, ask the user how/why he chose this

 >> I wonder if that means that we should accept highway=crossing as a
shortcut for highway=footway + footway=crossing?

it look like a bad idea (but I also dislike using footway for way
without any foot-only traffic sign).
I agree that i'ts an error and thanks for the cleanup