[Tagging] opening_hours value question

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Fri Oct 12 11:32:15 UTC 2018

I am really impressed by the key opening hours
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:opening_hours

However, it is just at my threshold of understanding. I can read the examples and adapt it for my needs.

In Japan, I was surprised to see shops that are "closed Tuesdays" or similar. I can tag those. (map the opening hours around the Tuesdays).

But some shops are open "on the 3rd Saturday of the month, rather than being closed. (Sometimes it's the opposite).

- Can someone type me the necessary tag value for such a monthly calendar dependant item? "Open on the 3rd Saturday from 10am-1pm"

I didn't see an example that I could adapt, or perhaps I don't understand that it's the one to use.

- also, is there a way to positively define "closed Tuesdays" or similar? It may not be necessary, but it is a common thing to see, hopefully it is easy to tag.

Thanks in advance

Javbw