[Tagging] opening_hours value question

SelfishSeahorse selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 12:12:04 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 at 13:33, John Willis <johnw at mac.com> wrote:

> - Can someone type me the necessary tag value for such a monthly calendar dependant item? "Open on the 3rd Saturday from 10am-1pm"

The n-th weekday of the month can be written by appending the number
(1 for 1st, 2 for 2nd, ..., -1 for last) enclosed in square brackets
to the weekday (Mo-Su). Thus 'open on the 3rd Saturday from 10am-1pm'
translates as:

Sa[3] 10:00-13:00

> - also, is there a way to positively define "closed Tuesdays" or similar? It may not be necessary, but it is a common thing to see, hopefully it is easy to tag.

You can:

Tu closed (or synonymously: Tu off)

For example 'open every day from 09:00 to 18:00, but closed on
Tuesdays' can be written:

09:00-18:00; Tu closed

But i personally prefer it the other way around:

We-Mo 09:00-18:00 (or Mo,We-Su 09:00-18:00)

'closed' is only indispensable if you want to override a previously
defined rule, for example:

Mo-Sa 09:00-18:00; PH closed

which means 'open every day from Monday to Saturday from 09:00-18:00
but closed on public holidays'.

> Thanks in advance

You're welcome.

Regards