[Tagging] highway=crossing used on ways

Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 06:25:19 UTC 2018

Mateusz Konieczny-3 wrote
> How many highway=crossing on ways were added sinceĀ  November 2015?
> How many highway=crossing on nodes were added sinceĀ  November 2015?
> Without that it is hard to say anything.

I agree that those are the important questions. I have some old taginfo data
from 2015.
On 2015-11-20 Taginfo showed 1654419 nodes, for today (2018-10-15) it shows
2791166.
On 2015-11-20 it showed only 2 ways, today is says 465 (seems someone has
fixed a few since my last post :-) )

I think another important number is how many ways with highway=footway +
footway=crossing
where added. I don't have the number for 2015, today overpass counts 568611.

So, I agree that the number of wrongly tagged ways is small compared to the
number of nodes or ways with (hopefully) correct tags, I just don't
understand why so many different mappers all over the world use the wrong
tagging. Once I found a bug in an iD template, but that was fixed soon after
I reported it.

I'll try to find out if there are more such bad templates...

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html