[Tagging] highway=crossing used on ways

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 12:51:47 UTC 2018

Le 15. 10. 18 à 08:25, Gerd Petermann a écrit :
> seems someone has
> fixed a few since my last post:-)  )

yes I took the opportunity of your message to look at the cases
in France and Switzerland.
I corrected about 40 of them, there were:
- real pedestrian crossings but a lot of not connected to the road,
not connected to the sidewalks when they are shown separately.
- the area of a multi-lanes junction mapped as a polygon
- some false path to force routing between a bike path and a road across
a green strip (somethink like "a cyclist 'll dismount at this location
to cross the grass and reach the other street to avoid a detour)
- some of them unrelated to all above.

Maybe several ergonomic/preset problems in the editors, but since the
majority of them were more than a year old, I preferred to correct
them without conducting the inquiry among the various contributors.
The most useful thing seems to watch for new case and discuss
with the contributor as soon as possible when it happend.

Regards,
Marc