[Tagging] highway=crossing used on ways

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:04:54 UTC 2018

Am Di., 16. Okt. 2018 um 10:53 Uhr schrieb Gerd Petermann <
gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com>:

> Warin wrote
> > I note there is no wiki guidance on tagging a traffic island in detail,
> > such as this island that
> > spatially separates entry and exit. This is not uncommon where I am.

you could map the kerbs and create a multipolygon pedestrian area or grass
areas etc, for the island with the kerbs as outers. There is also
barrier=guard_rail and barrier=fence for potential barriers. The road will
be split into a dual carriageway and both are connected with the crossing
(if any). Crossings can be mapped as footways with footway=crossing. It is
just so tedious for something as interesting as a traffic island, that many
people do not care ;-)

You do not have to map the area, but you can if you like.

Cheers,
Martin