[Tagging] highway=crossing used on ways

Gerd Petermann gpetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 08:52:48 UTC 2018

Warin wrote
> I note there is no wiki guidance on tagging a traffic island in detail,
> such as this island that
> spatially separates entry and exit. This is not uncommon where I am.

Yes, I think this is really a problem. A lot of mappers seem to want to map
the area of the island,
others want to map the effects on traffic/routing, again others try to do
both, with one or more OSM objects.

Unfortunately most approved tags are only meant to map the effects on
traffic/routing, therefore mappers either invent new tags or abuse the
approved ones for the area. I think this was already discussed in the past,
but without any good results so far.

Gerd

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html