[Tagging] Power=cable for low voltage lines?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Wed Oct 17 09:39:16 UTC 2018

17. Oct 2018 11:30 by marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com <mailto:marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com>:

> Le 17. 10. 18 à 10:50, Mateusz Konieczny a écrit :
>> 16. Oct 2018 09:47 by >> fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com <mailto:fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com>>>
>>     I'm still opposed to minor_line since in merge several different
>>     concept in one value, and is only useful for rendering
>>
>> power=line/power=minor_line is useful for both mappers and data users not
>> interested in the extreme detail
>
> if you don't care about extreme detail one power=line is better :)
> you see a line, tag a line in stead of guessing if it's a minor or not.

In my case I am interested in differentiating major power lines and minor power lines

without further details.

Given power=liner and power=minor_line scheme existed before I joined OSM and

is really popular I guess that I am not alone.

There are certainly (as with everything else) things that may be reasonably tagged as

both line and minor_line but nearly always it is blatantly obvious and no deliberations are

required.