[Tagging] issues with the list of deprecated features

Michael Booth boothym at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 21:34:24 UTC 2018

Sorry, but bed_and_breakfast is not tagged in the "hundreds and
thousands" - it is in fact used less than 700 times worldwide (about 300
in the UK, including 10% of the total in one town alone!). And if you
look at the tag history graph you'll see it has never been above 750 at
any point.

This compares to guest_house which now has 114k uses (was 38k when B&B
was deprecated four years ago). It looks like the guest_house definition
includes B&Bs so there doesn't seem to be any point in having another
top level tag value. Most of the objects I've looked at can easily be
retagged as guest_house, plus quite a few are from the early days of OSM
before this tag consensus appeared.