[Tagging] historic=memorial tagging question

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Oct 18 21:03:57 UTC 2018

We need to update the wiki then, to add further description. There are plenty of tags we use that are uncommon or have incomplete descriptions.

My local temple made an erected a stele as-pictured (similar to the Takasaki one) last year.

I think it's orgins are ancient, but still "in use" in many parts of the world.

Besides the comparison to a grave's headstone, I can't think of any steles I have seen in the US. I assume there are some - but I can't remember seeing any - so it  a simply not a word we are familiar with.

Javbw