[Tagging] Upcoming removal of power=station and power=sub_station in the standard style

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Mon Oct 22 03:17:00 UTC 2018

W dniu 22.10.2018 o 05:06, Dave Swarthout pisze:
> It would seem an easy fix to change all power=sub_station tags to
> power=substation without an individual inspection.

I'm surprised that automated conversion is discouraged on the wiki page
in this case. Seems like simple 1:1 objects mapping. Could we make mass
edition for this scheme?

> I think most new mappers already use the newer tagging guidelines but
> I'm not sure what mechanism you could use to get the message out to
> all concerned.

OSM ecosystem is highly distributed, so there's no way to reach
everybody. But the last time we asked to remove landuse=farm on this
list, it worked very effective (removing ~300.000 uses in just 2 months).

--
"Excuse me, I have some growing up to do" [P. Gabriel]