[Tagging] Upcoming removal of power=station and power=sub_station in the standard style

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Oct 22 15:28:33 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 10/22/18 11:03, François Lacombe wrote:
> Even if sub_station is often 1:1 of substation, this have to be replaced
> carefully since objects can have been mis tagged as power=sub_station.
> In France, last objects where removed this summer. There was about 150
> of them and it was not so hard to review each one.

I think a manual review is certainly better than an automated
conversion. If an object uses a tagging scheme that has long since been
replaced with a new one, maybe the object itself has also ceased to
exist, or demands some kind of change.

Manual review may be slower but yields a higher-quality result.

Bye
Frederik