[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:04:46 UTC 2018

On Thu, 25 Oct 2018 at 08:19, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> FYI, currently the height and tower:type of man_made=tower is used to set
> the zoom level where it appears on the Openstreetmap-carto style sheet
> (“standard” style).

Thanks Joseph - I obviously misread it (or don't remember the exact
wording!), but same thing applies - would splitting heights into 3 bands
work?

But man_made=communications_tower is assumed to be big and tall, so it
> renders like a >100m tall tower with no type, or tower:type=communication
> or observation, visible at zoom level 13.

& I'd be happy for my suggested multipurpose tower to render the same way
as they *are* massive structures that are visible for a long way - it's
just that the tag is grossly misused as people obviously think that every
phone tower is a =communications_tower, when it was never intended to be.

Thanks

Graeme