[Tagging] mast / tower / communication_tower (again)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 10:47:55 UTC 2018

Am Do., 25. Okt. 2018 um 12:39 Uhr schrieb Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 9:57 AM Martin Koppenhoefer <
> dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> +1. If there is an accessible observation deck, I would see them as
>> look-out towers, not sure if "observation tower" is the right term for
>> these, might be confused with things like wildlife observation towers, but
>> I may be misguided.
>>

> Where, in your (or anybody else's) scheme of things does the BT Tower fit?
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_Tower

for one, it is certainly a man_made=tower. It might also be a office and a
building=office_tower (?maybe)
Not sure about the tower type, but if you map other properties like the
antennas, the offices, etc. I am not even sure you'll need a subtype, also
because if we map things like water towers, cooling towers and towers to
dry fire hoses[1] (to name a few examples) with specific main tags, we will
much less feel the need for type-subtagging in general, and can concentrate
on the features they provide.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlauchturm