[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:01:12 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 25. Oct 2018, at 23:39, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have a big issue with crossing=zebra.
> it prevent to fill in the other value for crossing like
> crossing=traffic_signals crossing=uncontrolled

if you see crossing=zebra as an alternative tagging for what the wiki suggests the misleading “uncontrolled”, there shouldn’t be more of a problem with the tag than without it. Uncontrolled is misleading because road markings are a kind of traffic control.

I agree that in areas where marked pedestrian crossings aren’t marked as zebra crossings, the tag could create problems or could not apply (I do not know about such places but someone wrote it in the wiki).

Having zebra markings on a traffic lights controlled crossing was mentioned as another issue, but I don’t see how this is a problem (you will add the most significant crossing control device (traffic lights)). Crossing=zebra means it is a zebra crossing, a traffic lights controlled crossing with zebra markings is traffic lights controlled.

Cheers, Martin