[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:22:09 UTC 2018

Am Fr., 26. Okt. 2018 um 11:12 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <
matkoniecz at tutanota.com>:

> In general crossing tag is attempting to tag several different things
>
> at once - for example how I am supposed to tag crossing with island,
>
> traffic lights and zebra markings in Poland?

in the simplest case (dual carriageway connected with traffic lights), you
could tag them like this:

footway connecting the dual carriageway.

start and end node:
highway=crossing
crossing=traffic_signals

on the way:
highway=footway
footway=crossing
crossing=traffic_island

(for micromapping you might even split the footway, so that the traffic
island part is only above the island)

While I would tag the kind of crossing, I would not usually tag the kind of
road markings, but you could use any tag to do so, like
marking=zebra

A traffic light controlled crossing is not a zebra crossing, even if it has
zebra markings (also here they do have zebra markings).

Cheers,
Martin