[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Oct 26 09:28:53 UTC 2018

> A traffic light controlled crossing is not a zebra crossing, even if it has zebra markings (also here they do have zebra markings)

And it may be root of problem. In Poland "zebra" is synonym of  "marked pedestrian crossing" - seehttps://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przej%C5%9Bcie_dla_pieszych <https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Przej%C5%9Bcie_dla_pieszych>
No amount of documentation will protect from mappers using crossing=zebra.
Maybe crossing=united_kingdom_zebra would work.

markings=zebra is much better as mappers will be less likely to misinterpret (thoughthere may be other pitfalls).

26. Oct 2018 11:22 by dieterdreist at gmail.com <mailto:dieterdreist at gmail.com>:

> Am Fr., 26. Okt. 2018 um 11:12 Uhr schrieb Mateusz Konieczny <> matkoniecz at tutanota.com <mailto:matkoniecz at tutanota.com>> >:
>

>> In general crossing tag is attempting to tag several different things
>>

>> at once - for example how I am supposed to tag crossing with island,
>>
>> traffic lights and zebra markings in Poland?
>>

> in the simplest case (dual carriageway connected with traffic lights), you could tag them like this:
> footway connecting the dual carriageway.
> start and end node:> highway=crossing> crossing=traffic_signals

Not on nodes shared by road and footway?

> on the way:> highway=footway> footway=crossing> crossing=traffic_island

Tagging way crossing=traffic_island and nodes crossing=traffic_signals is

deeply not obvious.