[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:13:33 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 26. Oct 2018, at 14:57, SelfishSeahorse <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And what about the absence of road markings? crossing_ref=unmarked?

we generally do not map road markings, we don’t map the divider lines between lanes, we don’t map diagonally striped areas where traffic can’t go, we don’t map stop lines, we don’t map any road markings, why’s there so much focus on the road markings in this thread?

The interesting information (IMHO) is whether there are traffic lights or not, where the crossings without signals are and whether crossing pedestrians take precedence over vehicles. The actual signs and markings for this are kind of a sideshow for the traffic sign nerds, important to know for the jurisdictions where you map, but nothing that must necessarily be explicitly mapped. We are interested in the effects, aren’t we?

Cheers, Martin