[Tagging] 2 meaning for crossing=zebra

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 14:29:49 UTC 2018

sent from a phone

> On 26. Oct 2018, at 16:22, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
>
> There already is a perfectly fine value for marked crosswalks, which is
> called "uncontrolled".

it unfortunately isn’t perfectly fine, it is completely self contradicting, because markings are a kind of control. It is counterintuitive and I subscribe to the anecdotal findings Bryan has reported: not knowing about anything osm, someone will usually think uncontrolled means unmarked.

Then again, I also support you and others in telling Bryan to wait a bit before introducing the next competing alternative via editor presets.

Cheers, Martin